This Now product provides a balanced blend of two essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (and their derivatives) necessary for many body functions: Omega-3 oil from Flax Seed and Canola, and Omega-6 oil (GLA) from Primrose and Black Currant. Oleic Acid, an Omega-9 oil from Canola and Flax Seed, is a monounsaturated fat not considered "essential" but does play beneficial roles in human health.
"Consumption of omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. FDA evaluated the data and determined that, although there is scientific evidence supporting the claim, the evidence is not conclusive (see nutrition information for fat content).
- Serving Size: 2 Softgels
- Servings Per Container: 125
- Calories: 20
- Calories from Fat: 20
- Total Fat: 2 g3%
- Saturated Fat: <0.5 g2%
- Trans Fat: 0 g†
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g†
- Monounsaturated Fat: <0.5 g†
- Cholesterol: 0 mg0%
- Flax Seed Oil (cold pressed, organic) (Linum usitatissimum) (seed): 1400 mg†
- Evening Primrose Oil (cold pressed) (Oenothera biennis) (seed): 300 mg†
- Canola Oil (cold pressed): 260 mg†
- Black Currant Oil (Ribes nigrum) (seed): 20 mg†
- Pumpkin Seed Oil (Cucurbita pepo) (seed): 20 mg†
As a dietary supplement, take 2 softgels 1 to 3 times daily with meals.
Overall Rating for Omega 3-6-9 1000mg by Now Foods - 250 Softgels