Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's) are fats that are naturally found in coconut and palm kernel oil. MCT's are more easily and rapidly digested than other types of fats, as they require lower amounts of enzymes and bile acids for intestinal absorption. MCT's are metabolized very quickly in the liver and are reported to encourage an increase in energy expenditure, while decreasing fat storage. Numerous studies suggest that substituting MCT Oil for other fats in a healthy diet may therefore help to support healthy weight and body composition.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
- Servings Per Container: 63
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 14 g22%
- Saturated Fat: 14 g70%
- Trans Fat: 0 g†
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g†
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g†
- Each 15 mL serving may typically provide the following:
- naturally occurring fatty acids:
- Caprylic Acid (C8:0): 7.8 g†
- Capric Acid (C10:0): 6.2 g†
As a dietary supplement, take 1 tablespoon (15 mL) 1 to 3 times daily. MCT Oil can also be used as a substitute for conventional oils in salad dressings, sauces or cooking as a source of beneficial fatty acids. Not recommended for use in frying due to low boiling point.
Overall Rating for Now Foods MCT Oil - 32 Fluid Ounces